Once Upon A Sketch - May 2012

I am excited and honoured to share with you that along with the rest of the Scrapbook Fantasies Design Team I am a Guest Designer over at Once Upon A Sketch this month.  The challenge each month at Once Upon A Sketch is based on a theme and a matching sketch created by the very talented Nadia Cannizzo. 

I like the challenges at Once Upon A Sketch because they force me to journal and I get to try different layout styles to what I am used to.


The theme this month is: Mum
And this is the sketch:


The other members of the Scrapbook Fantasies Design Team who are also May Guest Designers at Once Upon a Sketch are:

Scrapbook Fantasies is also one of the sponsors at Once Upon A Sketch in May.  The prizes that they have donated are:
TWO ribbon packs (for two winners), each valued at over $40 (Australian) and containing 71 half metre lengths of ribbons, trims and lace in shades of pink, brown, cream and gold from quality brands such as Prima, Maya Road, Websters Pages, May Arts, Vandoros, Green Tara and Birch Australia.  The prize also includes international postage.

This is the layout I created with the theme and the sketch:


I created my layout using a photograph of me with my Mum and my Grandma on Mothers Day a few years ago.  Sadly my Grandma has since passed away at the grand old age of 102 years and ten months.  I do miss her dearly, but am glad to still have my Mum as an important part of my life.

I turned the sketch on it's side and flipped it, and used my title instead of the banner.

Products I used:
Patterned paper - Kaiser
Cardstock - Bazzill
Pearl swirls - Kaiser
Flowers - Kaiser
Stem - Petaloo
Mist - Glimmermist
Doily - Kaiser
Letter - Tim Holtz Once Upon A Time Sizzix Die
Lace - unknown
Pen - Zig Writer (chocolate)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Altered Frame - Off the Rails DT

New Baby

Just for you